Payroll (Expatriate Tax/Corporate Program) Specialist
Corporate Program Payroll: We provide tax and payroll compliance and consulting services to executives and employers of people who work, live and invest outside their home country. We design sophisticated tax planning and compensation strategies to help companies with international workforces and their executives manage their tax liabilities and other expenses of operating in the global business environment.
The Payroll Specialist would also provide payroll support to our firm clients. The Payroll Specialist is responsible to ensure that payroll is correctly captured and paid out the client’s payroll schedule.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of corporate program clients.
- Responsible for processing the full cycle processing of multiple, medium to high complexity client payrolls in a timely and accurate manner. (Medium to high complexity payrolls consist of processing across multiple provinces, including Quebec, multiple payroll cycles, multiple business numbers and cross-border (the U.S.), shadow payrolls, etc).
- Preparation of payroll tax calculations and returns and conducting and presenting payroll tax research.
- Liaising and resolve issues with various government departments on behalf of the clients.
- Ensure all paperwork and remittances are completed.
- Year-end tax form production and submission for all payroll compliance (Federal, Provincial and Other) Preparing and processing of payroll for our clients in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy of each payroll
- Administering various payments, such as sick pay, retro pay, vacation pay, bonus, equity etc.
- Processing ROE’s
- Filing WSIB and EHT returns
- Responding to inquiries from clients and management regarding payroll and tax related issues/matters in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner;
- Performing year-end functions including production of T4s and T5s
- Special projects, as assigned and other duties, as appropriate and required
- Promote and grow payroll services to potential clients
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUATION REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5 years of payroll experience
- Completion or in progress of the Canadian Payroll Association Certification
- Comprehensive knowledge of Employment Standards Act, EHT, WSIB and other employment legislation with the ability to interpret terms of employment agreements and other payroll related regulations
- Detailed knowledge of taxable benefits
- Responsible to manage client payroll deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of expatriate/corporate program payroll tax issues is a definite asset
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and adjust to rapidly changing situations
- Be proactive, self-directed and motivated, as well as a team player
- Process improvement mindset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client services skills
Ability to work additional hours as needed
Depends on the growth of the FirmApply now